In this workshop, students will experiment with light in order to investigate the basic principles behind holography. Learn how three dimensional objects are “captured” on film through hands-on activities, including the making of an actual hologram.
Science and Engineering Practices
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering).
- Developing and using models.
- Planning and carrying out investigations.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering).
- Engaging in argument from evidence.
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
Next Generation Science Standards