Learn how simple geometry is used to engineer the longest bridges and tallest buildings in the world by building your own structures. Discover the strength of basic materials, such as paper and 3D printed parts, in this hands-on workshop.
Science and Engineering Practices
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering).
- Developing and using models.
- Planning and carrying out investigations.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Using mathematics and computational thinking.
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering).
- Engaging in argument from evidence.
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
Next Generation Science Standards