Make waves, explore magnetism, and try your hand at strobe photography. Participants will learn how photography can be used to capture images of events that our eyes cannot normally see. Design and capture images of your own physics experiments inspired by historical MIT photographs from Bernice Abbott and Harold “Doc” Edgerton.
Science and Engineering Practices
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering).
- Developing and using models.
- Planning and carrying out investigations.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering).
- Engaging in argument from evidence.
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
Next Generation Science Standards