Explore the molecular machines that build the proteins we need everyday. In this workshop students will carry out their own experiments to create fluorescent protein, while learning about the relationships between DNA, proteins, and even light.
This workshop features BioBits Kits from miniPCR.
Science and Engineering Practices
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering).
- Developing and using models.
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering).
- Develop and/or use a model (including mathematical and computational) to generate data to support explanations, predict phenomena, analyze systems, and/or solve problems.
- Plan and conduct an investigation, including deciding on the types, amount, and accuracy of data needed to produce reliable measurements, and consider limitations on the precision of the data.
Next Generation Science Standards