Explore how cameras and light interact to capture images of events that happen quicker than a blink of an eye. Use mobile device cameras to capture events faster than 1/10,000th of a second and learn how MIT researchers are developing and using new camera technologies to visualize light itself.
Please note: Strobe lights are used in this workshop.
Science and Engineering Practices
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering).
- Developing and using models.
- Planning and carrying out investigations.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering).
- Engaging in argument from evidence.
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
Next Generation Science Standards