Shadow puppetry is an art form that originated in ancient China and India. Use simple materials to create silhouetted landscapes and characters for telling your own unique stories. For a bigger engineering challenge, add joints to give a puppet allow more complex movement.
- Boxboard (thin cardboard)
- Brads (a.k.a. brass fasteners; if not available, can substitute pipe cleaners or twist ties)
- Long wooden barbecue skewers (can substitute pencils or drinking straws)
- Markers or colored pencils (optional)
- Craft knife such as an X-Acto knife (optional; adult supervision recommended)