Associate Video Production Coordinator
The MIT Museum has a formal multi-year agreement with Nord Anglia Education to provide science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) programming to students and teachers at more than 85 Nord Anglia K12 schools around the world.
The MIT Nord Anglia Collaboration produces multiple videos each month that are shared with a large, international audience. The Associate Video Production Coordinator will work closely with the collaboration team and be responsible for video shooting, editing, and organizing video production logistics of the year-round program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- In close coordination with the team, edit videos using Adobe’s Premiere Pro editing software.
- In close coordination with the team, shoot video using Sony camera equipment.
- Coordinate the release of weekly videos on several platforms including uploading and delivering or posting the segments.
- Coordinate the production of nine MIT Challenge videos annually including scheduling the shoots with MIT experts featured in the videos and maintaining a detailed spreadsheet of schools highlighted in the videos.
- Assist the team with location scouting, scheduling, shooting, editing, special effects, and logistical needs of the collaboration productions.
- Create data-driven reports to track the use of the various collaboration programs on a variety of platforms.
- Coordinate the growth, organization, and maintenance of a video library for use by the whole team.
- Build relationships with videographers and digital editors for video production needs throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain relationships with faculty, staff, students, and administrative staff at MIT. Stay informed on research, discoveries and other STEAM news for the benefit of Nord Anglia students and teachers.
- Support logistics and operations of annual trips and other big events.
- During ‘crunch times’, provide additional support for large-scale MIT Museum engagement activities as needed, such as the annual Cambridge Science Festival.
- Other duties as needed or required.
This position will report to the Director of the Nord Anglia Collaboration and will work collaboratively with the MIT Nord Anglia team.
This position will not supervise any direct hires but will be expected to coordinate multiple contractors and vendors.
Qualifications & Skills
REQUIRED: The qualified candidate must have a minimum of a high school diploma and two years experience producing video segments using Adobe’s Premiere Pro software. They must be a highly organized, flexible, adaptable team player who demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively. Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
PREFERRED: The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of Sony A7Siii cameras, Adobe Premiere Pro, Airtable, Slack, Microsoft suite including One Drive, Google Drive, and Excel. Bachelor’s degree preferred.