Decoding the Brain
Experience optical illusions, interact with brain-machine interfaces and artificial intelligence, and get an up-close look at real brains!
September 26, 2023
- Welcome and introduction by Jill Crittenden
- Jordan Harrod Tools for understanding and repairing the brain
- Mikey Segal Ancient viruses are widespread in the human brain and can be harnessed for gene therapy
- Lace Riggs Listening to the brain one cell at a time
3:15-3:30 McGovern Videos
3:30-4:45 Interactive lab demos with assistant host Lia Washington
- Henry Hall, Ryan Kast, Chaoyi Zhang View dissected human, sheep and mouse brains
- Nicki Driscoll, MJ Antonini Flexible microelectronic fibers for illuminating brain function
- Miranda Dawson dollhouse Identifying neural circuits that drive the addiction cycle
- Fernanda de la Torre Hearing and seeing the physics of the world
- Camille Osumah, Haoyu Du (Saxe lab) Fun with the MIT Kids Brains Team!
- Chris Shallal, Harrison Canning Try a brain-machine interface to control a robotic claw
- Eva Lendaro Unseen, yet felt: decoding phantom limb pain
- Nancy Tsai Building cognitive resilience
- Bryan Medina Understanding our memory for sounds
No pre-registration required. This program is presented as part of the 2023 Cambridge Science Festival. Admission is free.