Teen Programming Council Application
Our Teen Programming Council creates opportunities for local high school students to connect with MIT researchers and other MIT community members, and discover the depth and breadth of science and engineering career possibilities. As a member, you will have the opportunity to gain leadership, collaboration, and organizational skills through the planning of Teen Science Café and other events.
We are looking for creative, dedicated, and inspired teens to join with their peers to help host Teen Science Cafes at the MIT Museum.
Council Members will:
- create quarterly events for fellow teens
- explore current advances in research
- attend weekly planning meetings
- host teen events through MIT Museum
Ideal Council Members will be:
- willing and able to commit time (1-2 hours a week), Saturday afternoons, October 2022- May 2023
- a current high school student
- motivated to create events for other teens
- curious about advances in science and technology
- interested in collaborating with a team
- fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, or provide a medical or religious exception
This form is due by 9PM on September 25, 2022. It should take no longer than 20-30 minutes to complete. We hope to hear from you!